Cosmetic Eyebrow Tattoo
What is Permanent Make Up?
It is a form of cosmetic tattoo that uses precise techniques to implant pigments into the dermal layer of the skin. Usually for enhancing or correcting certain features that alternatively would be done with regular makeup products.
Other terms : Permanent cosmetics, Cosmetic tattoo, Derma-pigmentation & Micro-pigmentation.
How Permanent is it?
Permanent refers to something being stable without significant change This technically means a Permanent Make Up procedure would be something everlasting. That being said, longevity of the procedure can vary from individuals depending on many factors including a persons lifestyle, health, exposure to environment and type / brand of pigment used.
What is Microblading?
In simple terms it is another form of cosmetic tattooing but instead of using a machine, eyebrow embroidery uses a hand tool to create and mimic hair like strokes which gets implanted into the deeper layers of the epidermis / upper dermal layer.
Other terms : Eyebrow Embroidery, Eyebrow Feathering, 3d brows , Micro strokes & Semi-Permanent Cosmetic Tattoo
How Permanent is it?
It will highly depend on how light or deep of a pressure the technician implants the. Going too deep may push pigment furthur into the skin or even cause long time damage. Going too light will result in higher loss of color retention and changes pigment does not deposit at all. Generally we advise clients anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.
Other Permanent Make Up terminology.
Powdered Shading. Using a machine to shade or “powder” in the eyebrows as you would if filling it in with powdered makeup.
Ombre Shading. Using a machine to shade or “powder” in the eyebrows as you would if filling it in with powdered makeup and blending the color gradually lighter as you go towards the nose or head of brow.
Combo Brows. Combining different methods and techniques to create individualized brows for each client whether it be manual or machine.
- Under the age of 18 years old.
- Previously had a solid permanent makeup tattoo that is very dark and discoloured.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Colour retention is unpredictable.
- On any medications that are blood thinners like Advil, Accutane, Retin-A, Retin-A, Vitamin A. Stop 6 weeks prior to procedure.
- Skin diseases like psoriasis, ingrown hairs, dermatitis, undiagnosed rashes and blisters on or around the area.
- If you are prone to keloid scarring there may be a higher chance you may get it after the procedure
- Recent sun exposure that has caused a burn will be very sensitive and painful, wait 4 weeks after have recently burnt to have procedure done
- Mature skin that is loose and wrinkled are difficult as the strokes will get lost in between the creases. ( Not meant for Microblading)
- Eczema or dry skin are more prone to pigment loss as the skin is shedding more often
- Oily Skin or clients with large pores tend to bleed the strokes more easily making the tattoo appear more solid. Wider gaps between strokes can counteract this.
- Growth Serum, please discontinue 6 weeks prior to procedure
- Clients who have a bleeding disorder, heart condition or have pacemaker, autoimmune disorder, and shingles cannot have this procedure done.
- Certain medications may cause issues during procedure, please consult you physician prior and disclose that information before booking appointment.
- Disclose any allergies to technician before booking procedure as some ingredients may be in the pigments or numbing agents used.
- Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation can cause skin to become darker and discoloured. (Common with Fitzpatrick 6 skin types)
Please come to appointment makeup free as not to hide your true skin tone colour and appearance. This affects the pigment colour chosen and how it may heal on the skin.
Prior to procedure the technician will draw, shape and outline the eyebrows until client is satisfied. Only hairs around the outlined shape will be removed.
Numbing is applied for 20-30 minutes before actual procedure with Microblading. With shading numbing is applied after the outline has been tattoo'd Pain is usually minimal but everyone is different and will depend on each individuals tolerance.Topical anesthetic will also be used in between passes for more comfort.
Refrain from getting water on the eyebrows the first 3 days as to avoid infections.
MICROBLADING - Dry to Normal Skin Only
Done manually and can last 6 months to 2 years.
OMBRE SHADING NEW SET - All Skin Types ( Dry, Normal, Oily, Combination & Mature)
Most suitable for clients who like a more natural powdered brow look that lightens up towards the front.
Done with a machine and can last 1-3 years.
Senior Artist $600.00 + GST ( touch ups not included )
Apprentice $425.00 + GST ( touch ups not included )
COMBINATION BROWS - Normal, Dry, Combination Skin
For clients who wants a mix of both worlds , Hair Strokes at the front and shading throughout the rest of the brow. Both done by a machine for longer lasting results.
Senior Artist $700.00 + GST ( touch ups not included )
Apprentice $475.00 + GST ( touch ups not included )
>>> EYEBROW DEPOSIT